Friday, January 25, 2013

Jean Paul Gaultier couture 2013










There are so many beautiful haute couture collections this season that I don't know with which to start. Zuhair Murad and Elie Saab stunned me again, Chanel impressed, and Dior and Valentino did not let me down.
But I want to start with the Jean Paul Gaultier couture collection. His point of view never convinced me. His collection balanced with the kitsch for too long. This time we can observe a turning point in his career, I think.
The main theme for the couture were Indian Gypsies. This time he denied a cartoonish images which alwas infridge his collection. This collection is a signal of his newest haute couture. Long gowns are not strange and odd, they are simply elegant. He combained with each other themes that are supposed to not to fit.
He refers to his greatest hits (which Madonna adores), like trench, cone bra, corsetry or smoking.
For me the collection is really good, and the idea of the enormous dress as the last piece of art is a mastership whit the hidden kids underneath.
All in all, couture is about craftsmanship and beauty and his collection improves it definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment